The General Foundation Programme in Sohar University offers six Maths courses:
- SET 1: Basic Mathematics in English
- SET 1A: Basic Mathematics in Arabic
- SET 2: Applied Mathematics in English
- SET 2A: Applied Mathematics in Arabic
- SET 3: Pure Mathematics in English
- SET 3A: Pure Mathematics in Arabic
A student who newly joins the General Foundation Programme (GFP) of Sohar University needs to pass only two Maths courses according to the faculty that he/she will join and as shown in the table below:
|Student Speciality||Maths courses required|
||SET 1A + SET 2A|
||SET 1A + SET 3A|
||SET 1 + SET 2|
||SET 1 + SET 3|
At the beginning, the students will do the the first placement test which could be either SET 1 or SET 1A. Students who fail this test will study the course and they will not be given another chance in future to take any Maths placement test.
- Students who pass the first placement test with a mark of 50% - 74% will be exempted from studying the first Maths course and will immediately study the next Maths course.
- Students who pass the first placement test with a mark of 75% - 100% will be exempted from studying the first Maths course and will be given a chance to do the next Maths course. Students who score 50% or above in the placement test of the second Maths course will be exempted from studying it.
- In order to prepare for Maths placement test, the students should refer to the details of the relevant courses indicated in the following pages.